Beginning January 2016, registration in MacDill Center on-base classes will only be open to those students who hold an active Department of Defense (DoD) identification card (i.e., active duty, reserve component, retiree, and their authorized dependents plus DoD civilian employees) and other federal employees with federal identification cards and law enforcement personnel with appropriate IDs. Please contact the MacDill Center at 813.259.6396 if you have questions concerning your access eligibility or fit one of the non- DoD eligible categories. This restriction does not impact Center on-line courses.
The Center is located at 8102 Condor Street, Building 252, on MacDill Air Force Base and is open for student support from 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Monday through Thursday and is closed on Fridays and federal holidays.
Designed to meet the needs of the military:
- The program at MacDill is based on an accelerated instructional format of eight to twelve week classes.
- Classes are held in the evenings in Base-provided classrooms in the Base Education/Library building.
- We also offer an online component featuring 12-week courses designed to support forward deployed and temporary duty military personnel.
- Eligible students may register for MacDill courses at any HCC campus or online via web registration.
- Eligible students may take classes at MacDill while enrolled in regular-term classes at other HCC locations.
We give you the credit you deserve:
Former and current members of the military may have experience that translates into college credit through our Prior Learning Assessment Program.
Since MacDill is an active military base, only students who hold an active DoD ID card, have other routine base access, or are eligible for on-base advising. Please contact the MacDill Center at 813.259.6396 if you have questions concerning your access eligibility.
For more information about HCC's Education Center at MacDill, please call 813.259.6396.