Collegiate Academy FAQ

Q: Where is commencement?
A: Florida State Fairgrounds Expo Hall, 4800 U.S. Hwy. 301 North, Tampa, FL 33610

Q: How much is parking?
A: $6 cars, $12 RV/Bus, cash only. Enter at the US Highway 301 entrance. Click here for directions

Q: When does commencement begin?
A: 7 am – Doors open
9 am– Graduates begin lining up
9:30 am – Processional begins
ALL graduates must be in the Expo Hall and lined up by 9:30 am

Q: Is there a limit to the number of family members and friends I can invite to commencement? Do they need to show an invitation to get in?
A: Currently, HCC does not limit the number of guests nor do they require an invitation for admission.

Q: Where do I go to purchase a cap, gown and stole?
A: The HCC Bookstores located on each campus sell caps, gowns, stoles and graduation invitations. These items are usually available in late March and the cost varies. Collegiate Academy students can purchase any graduation regalia except Collegiate Academy Stoles from any of the bookstores listed below. Collegiate Academy Stoles will be available for purchase on April 20th at the Plant City, Dale Mabry and Southshore campus bookstores only.

Dale Mabry Campus Bookstore
Monday - Tuesday: 8:00am - 7:00pm
Wednesday - Friday: 8:00am - 4:30pm
Social Science Building, Room 100 - 4001 W. Tampa Bay Blvd., Tampa Florida 33614
Phone: 813-253-7215

Brandon Campus Bookstore
Monday - Tuesday: 8:00am - 7:00pm
Wednesday - Friday: 8:00am - 4:30pm
Student Services Building, Room 133 - 10414 E. Columbus Drive, Brandon Florida 33619
Phone: 813-253-7815

SouthShore Campus Bookstore
Monday - Tuesday: 8:00am - 7:00pm
Wednesday - Friday: 8:00am - 4:30pm
Dickman Community Center, Room 129 - 551 24th St. NE, Ruskin, Florida 33570
Phone: 813-253-7000, ext. 5787

Q: How much are the cap, gown, stole and other graduation regalia?

Cap, Gown, Tassel and Zipper Pull $35.00
Collegiate Academy Stole $25.00
Cap Only $9.95
Tassel Only $6.00
Zipper Pull Only $5.00

Q: When will I receive my diploma?
A: Diplomas are printed and mailed approximately eight to twelve weeks after a student has been graduated. It is the responsibility of the student to have a correct permanent address on file Updates can be made at:

Q: If I lost my diploma or HCC did not have my current address, can I order a replacement diploma?
A: Yes, you may complete the Duplicate Diploma Request Form and follow the instructions for processing.

Q: How will I receive graduation or commencement notices or information?
A: All commencement information is posted on the HCC website by the beginning of April. Graduation notifications will be sent to the student via Hawk email.

Q: How do I prove I have a degree?
A: An official transcript with the student's degree credential is the only legal document. The diploma is a wall display for decorative or ceremonial purposes.

For additional information about graduation please contact the following;
Nevaler Davis – Registrar
(813) 259-6565

Warren Smith – Pre-Collegiate Liaison
(813) 253-7533 or (813) 494-1420