CLICK HERE FOR A MAP OF YBOR CITY CAMPUS
1. Complete the correct Course Registration Form above AND
2. Complete this HCC Application for Admission.
3. Mail both completed forms to the address on the Registration Form enclosing either personal check (no "starter" checks) or money order for $162.00 for In-State Florida resident or $475.88 for Out-State non-Florida resident. Make payable to: HCC. If you have questions either call 813-253-7611 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
4. If you have never been a student at HCC then you must prove Florida residency to qualify for the In-State tuition rate. For information click here.
5. If you are planning to use your Veteran's Benefits, click here for MUST READ information. You must also make an appointment to meet with the HCC Veteran's Benefit Representative in their office in the Student Services Building located at 13th Street and Palm Avenue.
Public Service Technology Building
Ybor City Campus - 2002 North 17th Street - Tampa FL 33605
The Private Investigator "CC" (Intern) License class will be offered as a 24-hour and a 16-hour segment in accordance with Chapter 493, Florida Statutes. Florida Statutes governing the PI Intern license will be fully discussed during the first session. All study material, handouts and associated instructional material will be provided. The successful completion of a written examination is necessary for certification at the conclusion of both the 24 and 16 hour segments.
This program has been designed by the State for those who are desiring to become a licensed Private Investigator in the State of Florida.
This course is the FIRST STEP in this process.
Upon a successful completion of this 40 hour course, you will receive State required certification. In order to apply for the Intern license, you must first obtain a contract with a Licensed Class C Private Investigator who will be your mentor for the length of your internship. This contract is part of your application for your Class CC PI Intern License. Upon successful completion of your Internship, with recommendation of your mentor, you can then apply to take the State test for your Class C Private Investigator License. The Internship is a 2 year obligation, however, your Paralegal courses may reduce the internship to just 1 year.
COMPLETION OF THIS COURSE PREPARES YOU TO BE ACCEPTED BY A SPONSOR.
IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO LOCATE A SPONSOR FOR YOUR INTERSHIP WHICH WILL BEGIN AFTER YOU HAVE COMPLETED THIS CLASS. THE COLLEGE DOES NOT PROVIDE PLACEMENT WITH SPONSORS AND DOES NOT ASSIST WITH PLACEMENT. WE SUGGEST YOU START YOUR SEARCH TO LOCATE A SPONSOR AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. YOU MAY USE AN INTERNET SEARCH SUCH AS GOOGLE OR CONSULT YOUR LOCAL YELLOW PAGES.
CLICK ON THESE RESOURCES:
Florida Division of Licensing Webpage
CLICK HERE for the PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR HANDBOOK published by the State of Florida - Department of Agriculture Private Investigator licensing division
|NEW! TWO (2) WEEKENDS CLASS! FRIDAY - SUNDAY
SEPTEMBER 29 - OCTOBER 1
& SATURDAY - SUNDAY OCTOBER 7, 8, 2017
|9:00 am - 6:00 pm
|NOVEMBER 6 - 17, 2017
||6:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Contact Information: Mr. Ben Whiteside, 813-253-7611 email@example.com